- Picking out a Christmas tree. I LOVE Christmas trees. I love going and picking them out, decorating the, sitting in a dark room looking at thier twinkly lights. I love their smell. Honestly, I think people who get fake trees are hiding something. Joe and i got our tree right after thanksgiving this year and i could not wait and had to decorate it that night. Its super cute, short and fat and its impossible to have a bad day knowing that a beautiful tree is waiting for me at home. O and I found red, green and white lights which are PERFECT. Just white lights are boring and multi colored lights are too busy. Red, green and white is teh way to go.
- Decorating Christmas cookies. Every year we made sugar cookies from scratch and decorated them with our next door neighbors. So fun. I kept the tradition alive this year by inviting a bunch of girlfriends over to decorate cookies.
- Looking at Christmas lights. There is a neighborhood by my aunt and uncle’s house where we often go to look at Christmas lights. People have some pretty intense decorations! I like it when a house picks a theme and all thier decorations match.
- Pajamas on Christmas eve. Every year my parents give us pajamas that we open on Christmas eve and wear that night. My mom always picks out really cute and comfy ones. About the second or third christmas joe and i were together i started buying him pj’s for christmas so now there are pj’s all around!
- Nativity scene. Pretty self explanatory. I love having a constant visual reminder of why we are celebrating Christmas in the first place. I’m thinking of starting a collection…
- Christmas Eve Candelight services. I’ve actually only been to a few of these, seeing as i grew up in super small churches that didn’t have thier own building and usually couldn’t celebrate christmas eve. But the one’s I have been too I have loved. Lakehills by far had the best Christmas eve service last year. Beautiful vocal and bell choirs, dramatic reading of the christmas story and all the candles in that giant sanctuary looked amazing. It was a simple and beautiful way to worship the reason for the season. I’m really going to miss it this year…
- Christmas movies. I admit, I start watching them after Halloween. Charlie Brown, Home Alone, The Grinch, Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, A Christmas Carol, The Holiday…my list goes on and on
- Goodwill to all men. Donating toys and food, giving extra money to charities, helping out at food pantries…I love the spirit of giving at Christmas and wish it lasted throughout the year.