The top 10 things that are making me super happy right now.
1) Libraries- despite the grotesque fines I just had to pay, I still love libraries. Its amazing all of the resources they make availabel to the public for absolutely free. Some fo the things my local library offers are community volunteer opportunities, a career center, clubs, how to classes, kids story time, homework help and family fun nights. Plus alot of libraries have a wide selection of music and DVDs to check out. So even if you’re not a huge fan of books or reading, I encourage you to check out your local library. I’m sure you’ll find a jewel in there.
2) New Clothes. $100 gift card to Macy’s =new jeans, new sweaters/shirts, new bras and one very happy Bri.
3) Catching up with old friends- pretty self explanatory. Over Christmas break some old friends from high school called me up and we all went bowling together. So much fun! And thanks to the miracle of facebook, I’ve reconnect with another friend from high school who I literally haven’t talked to in like 6 years. Hurray technology
4) The Entertainment Book- so many coupons! Joe and I aren’t the most creative people ever, and looking through the Entertainment Book has given us some fun ideas of new places to go and new restaurants to try. Look forward to more posts about our Entertainment Adventures
5) Books- all books. Cookbooks, fiction, career books, how to books,biographies. I love just turning off all my electronics and losing myself in a book for a half hour or so. And I love that books can do so much. They can entertain and teach, they can make you laugh, think and cry, they can give great advice or piss you off. I’m currently reading Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf for entertainment and Carers for Good Samaritans for educational/career purposes.
6) My Crock Pot-Made another fabulous crock pot creation yesterday: Mediterranean Vegetable Chicken Stew. Its from my new Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Cooking cookbook. I love that I can make delicious entrees just by dumping a bunch of stuff in a big pot and letting it cook, untouched, for 8 hours. Its great!
7) Sprouts- A great little market by our house. Its kind of like Trader Joe’s, only I think they have a better selection of fresh produce. Plus they have this amazing nuts/granola/trail mix section, you know the kind where everything is in giant bins and you scoop it out. I can get a whole pound of granola for $3. Joe and I discovered the best granola ever…pumpkin spice. Mix it in with vanilla yogurt…delicious! Sometimes its so good I’m willing to use it as a dessert substitute. I like going to Sprouts because everything there is so healthy and when i leave i just want to eat healthy stuff all the time. That feeling usually only lasts a day, but still…
8) Burt’s Bees Products- I first got hooked on this brand through their chapstick. During the fall, especially, I get chronically dry lips. I started making a habit of putting on Burt’s Bees chapstick everyday and it healed them right up. I started getting really dry hands from all the cleaning chemicals at work, so I bought thier hand lotion. It is equally as amazing. It smells a little funky (unlike the lovely peppermint smell of the chapstick) and is kind of expensive, but if you have severely dry hands it is absolutely worth it . It works much better than scented lotions from Victoria Secret and Bath and Body works. It has even worked better than my Aveeno lotion, which I’ve used for years and have always been happy with.
9) The Love Sac. I’ve said it a million times before, but that thing is so stinkin comfy! Its like sleeping in a nest.
10) My J-man. He really is just about the best husband any one could ask for 😉