Pinterest has introduced me to something amazing: Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie. It’s delicious, filling and very easy to make. I usually can’t eat a lot for breakfast, but if I skip it I always feel tired and blah. This smoothie is just enough to hold me over until lunch but not so much that I feel gross after. Here is the recipe from MarthaStewart.com
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup coconut water (or other liquid, such as juice)
- Place ice and raspberries in the bottom of blender, and all other ingredients on top. Whir until completely smooth. Serve.
Here is a tip. Some people, like my husband, may not like the texture of the oatmeal. It’s a little chewy. However, if you let the smoothie sit in the fridge for an hour or so, the oatmeal will get soft. Also, I use vanilla yogurt instead of plain, it makes it a little sweeter. And lastly, you can use different types of frozen berries. Sprouts has a good mix including strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.